Available for download now at Downloads page.
This release includes new features related to simulating pulmonary arterial (PA) catheters (also known as Swan-Ganz catheters). Now you can select where the PA catheter is, simulating insertion, placement, and wedging as the catheter travels through the superior vena cava, the right atrium, the right ventricle, through the pulmonic valve into the pulmonary artery, and lastly wedging against the pulmonary capillary bed. In Infirmary Integrated’s patient editor, if you select a PA catheter position and click “apply”, the PA catheter waveform and transduced PA pressures will update in the Monitor display.
Infirmary Integrated’s goal is to help students and clinicians advance their knowledge and practice of critical care concepts, and so this feature may be found useful for education and simulation in intensive care units and cardiac catheterization labs.
Major changes since last release (v 1.0):
- Implemented pulmonary artery placement options, to simulate insertion
- Placement options available under “Advanced Hemodynamics”
- Added right ventricle and pulmonary capillary wedge waveforms
- Miscellaneous bugfixes:
- “Newer version available” message was triggering improperly
- All Patient parameters now being saved and loaded properly